Best Uses for Lavender
November 8th, 2014
Lavender has many uses, but is probably most known for it’s calming properties. Need help sleeping? maybe your child? You can have a wonderful nights sleep. Lavender oil is just the thing. Try putting some on the bottom of the feet. Now that beats using the drugs that you come to rely on. Castle Rock Lavender organic oil is right from our farm, all natural and nothing added. You would have a hard time I think finding anything that would work better than Lavender Oil that is natural. Many places sell Lavender Oil for $25 to $35 per 15 ML.
Nausea or motion sickness……yes for sure!!!
Are you getting ready to travel this summer and have trouble with motion sickness? Well just place a drop or two behind the ears, on the navel or on the end of the tongue. Sounds like it may be too good to be true. Well we have friends and customers that have tried it an it did work for them when nothing else has ever worked.
Need more reasons to try Lavender Oil…well they are coming.
10 More Ways To Use Lavender
- Make a calming tea made with dried lavender flower heads, chamomile, oat straw & other calming herbs
- Make lavender talc: mix together 8 parts each bentonite clay & arrowroot powder, 1 part each slippery elm & comfrey root powder. Shake well. Add 30-50 drops lavender essential oil, shake again and enjoy.
- Make a lavender sachet by adding organic lavender buds to a muslin bag – gift it as a wedding favor
- Make homemade lavender scented candles, by adding fresh or dried lavender buds and a few drops of lavender essential oil into the heated wax
- Make a room spray with 2 cups water, 2 drops each lavender, tea tree & peppermint essential oils in a spritzer bottle. Use liberally.
- Put a few drops of lavender essential oil on your child’s pillow at night to help ease them into a peaceful sleep
- With the abundance of lavender in your garden, make a beautiful lavender wreath
- For a lovely salad dressing, whisk together 6 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp eachmustard powder & organic dried lavender flowers
- Crush fresh flowers and spread it on your legs & arms to help repel flies & mosquitoes while sitting outside in the summer
- Use pressed lavender blooms to decorate homemade cards & gift wrapping